Weekly Update #2

Hey everyone! 

This week’s Genius hour was spent putting my sewing skills to the test! I have been practicing making masks in order to prepare myself to make a quality product. I started off with finding a sewing pattern that I liked and that I would easily be able to use. This was the easy part as there are plenty of free mask patterns out there, so if you were looking to make your own masks, the resources are out there! It’s been years since I’ve used a sewing machine so my first attempt was not perfect as I was still trying to get the hang of it again. By the time I got to the third practice mask, it was looking pretty good. 


I have purchased the necessary materials to get me started, such as elastic, thread, toggles, and fabric. I thought I would start with just 3 basic colours, and only about 2 yards of fabric (just in case no one buys them lol). But hopefully I will be able to make a good product and market it in a way people will want to purchase, especially if the profits are going to a good cause. If all goes well, I will be in need of more fabric to make more masks, which will help with reaching my goal!


This upcoming week, I will be moving on from practice masks and getting started on making the actual product! I am super excited that I am getting closer to being able to share with everyone what I have been working on. Once I have the first batch of masks made, I want to launch a social media account in order to promote and generate more sales! I am also still deciding how I want to sell the masks, whether it be through direct messages on Instagram/Facebook, or go with an E-commerce site, such as Shopify or Square. I have done some research into the E-commerce sites and they would work very well, the only con is that the site takes a small percentage of each transaction. The goal is to finalize this decision in the next two weeks! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 Update

Genius Hour Update